This Nelson Mandela International Day has been an annual global day in honor of Nelson Mandela and is celebrated every year on the 18th of July, the birthday of Nelson Mandela, and declared by United Nations General Assembly. Moreover, human beings celebrate Nelson Mandela International Day each year for shining light upon the legacy of a man who changed the twentieth century along with assisted in shaping the twenty-first century. In addition, this has been a moment for everybody for renovating the values that encouraged Nelson Mandela and this has been an absolute determination. At times of turbulence, Nelson Mandela represents to human beings the strength of resisting the oppression of forgiveness over hatred, dignity over humiliation, and justice over inequality.
The background of Nelson Mandela International Day
- President Jacob Zuma first introduced the concept of Nelson Mandela Day in 2009 to inspire a countrywide campaign to obtain the public engaged in charitable activities.
- Mandela Day had been created for motivating human beings to appreciate the values of democracy and contribute to the ideals of assuring a just along with the good community.
- Such Nelson Mandela International Day had been officially set up by the United Nations in November 2009 along with the first observance of Mandela Day on 18th July 2010.
- On 18th July 2009, the first Nelson Mandela International Day took place in New York in the United States of America.
The subject matter of Nelson Mandela International Day
- The Nelson Mandela Foundation would be framing Nelson Mandela Day 2022 around its food along with nutrition program, under the theme, ‘Do what you can, with what you have, where you are’.
- The call towards action remains similar and the human beings could be emphasizing their venture and their messaging around fostering backyard gardens, and society, creating awareness of the meeting points between climatic changes along with food security.
- This Nelson Mandela International Day 2022 would focus to motivate human beings throughout the entire world for dedicating sixty-seven minutes of their day to making the world a better place and one minute for every year of Nelson’s service.
The importance of Nelson Mandela International Day
- Former president of South Africa and civil rights lawyer Nelson Mandela devoted his life to fighting for equality and finally helped in overthrowing the racist system of apartheid in South Africa.
- The government of Nelson Mandela emphasized demolishing the legacy of apartheid by promoting racial compromise and Mandela had been the first black head of state along with first elected in a completely representative democratic election.
- Such Nelson Mandela International Day festival has been sponsored by the Nelson Mandela Foundation along with its sister enterprises, who provide some suggestions concerning celebrating Mandela Day worldwide.
The critical features of Nelson Mandela International Day
- Nelson Mandela campaigned for sixty-seven years concerning equal democracy along with equal justice and the legacy of the former South African president has been highly honored on Nelson Mandela International Day.
- Nelson began a foundation after his retirement known as the Nelson Mandela Foundation and the objective of this foundation had been to help and support school construction along with rural development in the rural regions.
- The Nelson Mandela Foundation assists human beings in South Africa with AIDS or HIV in their medical treatment.
- One could celebrate Nelson Mandela International Day by supporting and assisting other human beings, cleaning the communities, helping disabled persons, etc.
The goodness of Nelson Mandela International Day
- Nelson Mandela had been a great statesman, a founding father of peace, and a fierce lawyer for equality in South Africa.
- The mission of Mandela as an anti-apartheid revolutionary had been setting up equality along with freedom for every man, woman, and child.
- Nelson stood in respect to the basic rights of every human being irrespective of nationality, gender, or race and he continued to believe in such ideals, upon his release and continued to put them into practice.
- The celebrations of Nelson Mandela International Day identify and provide credit to the past President’s loyalty and devotion to conflict resolution, human rights along with reconciliation.
- Every human being in this world possesses the capability and responsibility to change the world for the better and Mandela Day has been an occasion for everybody in taking action and motivates changes.