World Humanitarian Day is a global day observed annually on the 19th of August, devoted to identifying humanitarian personnel along with those human beings who have lost their lives working for humanitarian causes. Moreover, this World Humanitarian Day is being observed worldwide to pay tribute to the humanitarian employees injured and killed in their job and honor every health staff despite the chances for offering protection and life-saving assistance to the neediest human beings. In addition, the moralities of neutrality, humanity, independence, and impartiality have been elementary and fundamental to humanitarian action.
The history of World Humanitarian Day
- This World Humanitarian Day had been elected in memory of a bomb attack on 19th August 2003 at the Canal Hotel in Baghdad in Iraq, where twenty-two human beings died, including the chief humanitarian in Iraq, Sergio Vieira de Mello.
- The United Nations General Assembly declared World Humanitarian Day as a day of honor along with remembrance of the special representative of the secretary-general towards Iraq, Sergio Vieira de Mello, and twenty-one help employees who had been assassinated at the bombing of the United Nations headquarters at Iraq at 19th August 2003.
- According to the United Nations, in 2020, 475 health employees were attacked, 242 were wounded, 108 workers were killed, and 125 of them had been kidnapped.
- In 2009, the United Nations General Assembly dignified 19th August as World Humanitarian Day.
The subject matter of Word Humanitarian Day 2022
- The theme of World Humanitarian Day 2022 has been such a campaign that could share motivating personal stories of the humanitarians who have been the heroes in the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The women bring crucial skills and experience along with resources for humanitarian experiences. When crises occur, they have been the first responders, taking risks and playing vital roles in the survival of societies and family members.
- Women’s leadership has been fostered by ensuring that they have been authorized to make quick decisions regarding their society’s needs during humanitarian crises.
The perfections of Word Humanitarian Day 2022
- World Humanitarian Day is celebrated on 19th August to honor the humanitarian employees who have committed their lives to assist other human beings in the most extreme conditions.
- Every year, World Humanitarian Day emphasizes a theme, bringing together partners from the humanitarian system for support concerning the well-being and survival dignity of the human beings affected by crises and for the security and safety of the health employees.
- The main objective of World Humanitarian Day has been to increase consciousness of the plight of civilians around the world who have been caught up in conflicts and to honor and increase assistance for humanitarian employees. They risk and, at times, lose their lives for service.
The attraction of World Humanitarian Day
- More than one hundred thirty million human beings have been in crises either via natural disasters or war and have required humanitarian support and help.
- Every year, a different subject matter is chosen for World Humanitarian Day. The enterprises internationally get engaged in honoring such days, from fund-raisers to lecturers and other incidents focused on increasing awareness.
- Humanitarianism is an active belief in the value of human life, and the persons practice kind treatment and offer assistance to other human beings to minimize suffering along with improving the situations of humanity concerning emotional, generous, and ethical causes.
The fame of World Humanitarian Day
- The main goal of humanitarian support has been to save the lives of human beings, maintain human formality, and ease human suffering.
- Humanitarian relief efforts have been offered concerning humanitarian aims, including unnatural disasters and natural calamities.
- Such World Humanitarian Day could focus on the urgent human price of climate crises and the pressure the world leader bears and take meaningful climatic action concerning the most vulnerable human beings worldwide.
- Some of the activities that could be performed on World Humanitarian Day are humanitarian work in society, donating to a humanitarian firm, and contacting elected leaders.