The United Nations celebrates April 21 as World Creativity and Innovation Day for increasing consciousness regarding the role of innovation and creativity in every prospect of human growth, progress, and development. In addition, World Creativity and Innovation Day is an annual celebration on April 21 to celebrate the potentialities of modernization and creativity firms worldwide.
Moreover, World Creativity and Innovation Day 2021 celebrates the creative economy, which includes the latest media, design, audio-visual items, and visual and publishing arts. Hence, the cultural and creative firms offer solutions to some of the most concerning problems like hunger, poverty, etc.
The history of World Creativity and Innovation Day
- The founder of World Creativity and Innovation Day was Canadian Marci Segal, who had been learning creativity in 1977 in the International Center for Studies at Creativity.
- The United Nations General Assembly adopted the declaration for celebrating World Creativity and Innovation Day on April 27, 2017. The World Creativity and Innovation Day was founded on May 25, 2001, in Toronto, Canada.
- Marci Segal believed that making the latest decisions, creating the newest ideas, and taking the latest actions would assist human beings in handling crises.
- When the headline- ‘Canada in Creativity Crisis’ emerged in the National Post newspaper, Marci Segal decided to create a World Creativity and Innovation Day.
The theme of World Creativity and Innovation Day
- The theme of World Creativity and Innovation Day and Week 2022 has been Collaboration.
- World Creativity and Innovation Day is a United Nations International Day of Observance that emphasizes utilizing innovation and creativity for obtaining the seventeen Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations.
- The creativity and innovation of mass private enterprises could offer the latest energy regarding work creation, economic development, and growth.
- The world has been invited to appreciate the idea that innovation has been necessary for connecting the economic possibilities of the countries and could increase scopes for everybody, including youth and girls.
The significance of World Creativity and Innovation Day
- This World Creativity and Innovation Day focuses on tradition and creativity since it gives rise to economic value and possesses important non-monetary value, contributing to wide-ranging communal growth and progress.
- The concept of creativity and innovation has been open to the analysis of artistic expression toward issue-solving from the perspective of communal, economical along with sustainable growth.
- Innovation is the implementation of something latest and productive for the market, and creativity is an act of generating the latest imaginations and ideas, and potentialities.
- The World Innovation and Creativity Day offers solutions to some of the most pressing issues like removing hunger and poverty abolition.
The objectives of World Creativity and Innovation Day
- The culture has been a practical element of sustainable development and depicts a source of modernization, creativity, and identity regarding society and individuals.
- A creative job-place offers the workers the capacity to develop distinctive solutions to challenges despite only being told what to perform.
- By creating ideas that solve the issues, visiting the latest tradition or cultures, meeting with various human beings worldwide, sharing modernized ideas, and looking at the world differently, one could celebrate the Creativity and Innovation Day.
- World Creativity and Innovation day has been celebrated in motivating other human beings to live a more creative life.
The aspects of World Creativity and Innovation Day
The aspects of World Creativity and Innovation Day are:-
- This World Creativity and Innovation Day has been celebrated for motivating human beings to create the latest thoughts and ideas to make the universe a better place to stay.
- The creativity brings creative confidence and offers a capability for looking at the issues as scopes and opportunities. The latest solutions took place in the mind of human beings and could change a life.
- During the World Creativity and Innovation Week (April 15 to 21), ordinary human beings have been motivated, informed, recognized, and inspired concerning utilizing their creativity and being open to taking the newest actions and making effective decisions.