This World Oceans Day is a worldwide day that takes place yearly on the 8th of June to allow human beings of every age to become the leaders of their own and stop polluting the water bodies and blue oceans. In addition, the objective of World Oceans Day has been to inform human beings regarding the impact of human actions on the Ocean, uniting along with assembling the world’s population upon a project concerning sustainable management of the oceans of the world. Moreover, the goal of World Oceans Day has been to develop the global movement of the residents of the huge oceans.
The background of World Oceans Day
- The idea of a ‘World Oceans Day‘ was first planned in 1992 at the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil as a means to celebrate the personal connection of the human beings towards the sea, and shared oceans of the world, and to increase consciousness regarding the critical role the Ocean plays at the lives of human beings and the significant ways by which the human beings could assist in protecting it.
- In 2008, the United Nations General Assembly decided that from 2009, eight June would be chosen as the World Oceans Day under the resolution 63/111.
The theme of World Oceans Day
- World Oceans Day 2022 is ‘Revitalization: Collective Action for the Ocean.’
- The United Nations, the United Nations Division, has hosted World Oceans Day 2022 for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea, Office of Legal Affairs, with the big-hearted input of Oceanic Global, which La has made possible Mer.
- The Ocean supports sustains, and connects every human being, and its health has been at a tipping point and has been the best of everything that depends upon it.
- Such World Oceans Day 2022 has been the first hybrid celebration of the yearly event hosted in person in the Headquarters of the United Nations in New York in the United States of America.
The prospects of World Oceans Day
- Fifty percent of the life-giving oxygen comes from the Ocean. The plants of the Ocean, along with tiny plankton, absorb carbon dioxide through a process known as photosynthesis and release oxygen back towards the atmosphere.
- The oceans have produced seventy percent of the oxygen that human beings breathe, and around 3.5 billion human beings depend upon oceans as their main food.
- The supply of fish from the oceans along with seas has been the greatest protein supply for human beings, and each time the people breathe, half of the oxygen taken by the people comes from the Ocean, so human beings require it to survive.
The vitality of World Oceans Day
- The massive surface area of the oceans allows the solar energy to evaporate vast amounts of water that then condenses and falls as rain on the land.
- Such huge oceans have been a practical element of the carbon cycle and are much more significant in their function because of carbon sinks.
- Covering seventy percent of the surface of the Earth, the Ocean transports heat from the equator towards the poles, modifying the weather patterns and the climate. The blue Ocean absorbs fifty times more carbon dioxide than the atmosphere and produces over half of the entire world’s oxygen.
The significance of World Oceans Day
- The world’s oceans offer numerous facilities for the planet, Earth, and all the creatures that stay there.
- Many medical commodities come from the Ocean, including ingredients that assist in fighting arthritis, cancer, heart disease, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- From fishing to boating and kayaking, and watching blue whales, the oceans offer human beings several distinctive activities.
- Seventy-six percent of every trade in the United States of America involves some mode of marine transportation, and the ocean-dependent business hires nearly three million human beings.
- These oceans offer a lot of seafood to human beings, and the components from the sea have been found in surprising foods like soymilk and peanut butter.