This World Youth Skills Day is observed every year on 15th July all over the world by United Nations General Assembly to depict the ever-enhancing importance of the skills since the world has been boarding upon evolution in respect to a sustainable development model. In addition, World Youth Skills Day has shown respect to the younger generations for coming together and becoming part of the change that human beings want and expect to see. Moreover, celebrating the days, for example, World Youth Skills Day sends a message to the younger youths that the United Nations understands the difficulties and challenges they have faced, mainly in the developing world.
The history of World Youth Skills Day
- In 2014, the United Nations General Assembly declared 15th July as World Youth Skills Day to celebrate the tactical significance of supplying young people with skills concerning decent jobs, employment, and entrepreneurship.
- Since 15th July 2014, World Youth Skills Day has offered an exclusive scope for dialogue between young human beings, enterprises, technical, vocational education and training institutions, employees and hirer’s development partners, firms, and policy-makers.
- In December 2014, the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution 69/45 declaring 15th July as the World Youth Skills Day with the objectives of obtaining better socio-economic situations for the younger youth in modern times for addressing the challenge of underemployment along with unemployment.
The theme of World Youth Skills Day
- The theme of World Youth Skills Day 2022 could bring to light the current focus upon transforming education summit along with contributing towards the work being done under its thematic action track, ‘Learning and skills for life, work and sustainable development.
- Such a summit has been a youth-motivated worldwide incident of huge significance regarding the future of millions of younger youths and has been prepared with and for the youth.
- The transforming youth skills for the future worldwide event in 2022 would bring together governments, young youths, United Nations agencies, the civil community, and private sector representatives to assess the impact of the present crisis throughout the whole world and discuss what ways the young human beings could rapidly adapt towards the demands of an ever-changing world.
The crucial aspects of World Youth Skills Day
- The World Youth Skills Day focuses on the significance of involving young human beings in the job force.
- The intensive strengths accompany World Youth Skills Day to socio-economic recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic, interlinked with challenges like conflict, climatic changes, increasing inequality, continuing poverty, conflict, demographic evolution, faster technological changes, etc.
- Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) has been properly placed for assisting in addressing the challenges by minimizing access barriers in the world of jobs and making sure that the skills acquired have been identified, certified, and providing skills development scopes in respect to out-of-school youth and those, not at employment, education or training.
The hints of World Youth Skills Day
- The young girls, women, youth from rural societies, poorer households, young human beings with disabilities, minority sections, and indigenous persons, along with those who suffer the causes of political instability and violent conflict, continue to be excluded owing to a combination of factors.
- Each year on 15th July, World Youth Skills Day inspires the youth to obtain specific skills which could assist the younger generations in obtaining fulfillment and personal success.
- World Youth Skills Day has been celebrated worldwide for fostering and promoting youth skills development, progress, and growth.
The ambiance of World Youth Skills Day
- All those human beings who believe in the significance of vocational education concerning the youth and believe in the roles and responsibilities.
- They try themselves educated along with the responsibility of the adults for ensuring that the youth possesses accessibility towards skill-oriented along with vocational education; those have been the human beings who celebrate the World Youth Skills Day.
- The United Nations General Assembly began World Youth Skills Day on 18th December 2014 to foster youth employment.