The United Nations General Assembly declared 20th July as World Chess Day to mark the date of the establishment of the International Chess Federation. In addition, every year, millions of chess players around the whole world celebrate World Chess Day along with this game also. Moreover, lovers of Chess around the globe celebrate their favorite game World Chess Day every year in a culture spanning more than fifty years. Human beings celebrate International Chess day on the 20th of July, and this was a day that was born from an idea of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
The background of World Chess Day
- Under the initiative of the International Chess Federation (FIDE), 20th July has been observed as World Chess Day by chess players around the entire world since 1966.
- Early Chess modes took place in India around the sixth century A.D. One ancestor had been Chaturanga, a well-known four-player game of war that prefigured many primary prospects of present-day Chess.
- On 12th December 2019, the United Nations General Assembly stated publicly that 20th July would be World Chess Day for spotting the date of setting up of the International Chess Foundation in Paris in 1924.
- The origins of Chess have been a matter of debate, and many theories featured the starting of the chess game among nations such as India, Russia, China, Central Asia, etc.
The theme of World Chess Day
- World Chess Day 2022’s theme is ‘Teach someone how to play chess.’
- The subject matter or theme of International Chess Day has been generally decided by the World Chess Federation (FIDE).
- This game of Chess has been significant as it has been one of the world’s most challenging inclusive board games.
- World Chess Day 2022 celebrations include online tournaments, chess marathons, movie nights, campaigns, etc.
- On World Chess Day, human beings identify the history of Chess and its role and responsibility in bringing the persons along with the communities together.
The clues of World Chess Day
- There has been a chess tournament which has been put on all over the whole world, World Health Day, and such a day has been celebrated in one hundred seventy-eight nations.
- The main reason behind the celebration of World Chess Day has been to understand the strength of change in ideas, thoughts, and behaviors along with sensitivities.
- The practice and training in Chess assist human beings in developing their general educational achievement and cognitive capability, mainly in Maths.
- Such chess training and practicing help the development of higher order thinking skills, for example, decision making, problem-solving, critical thinking, creative thinking, planning, etc.
The indications of World Chess Day
- The candidates improve their usual studying, practical communication, and crucial intellectual skills through Chess.
- Learning the latest skills could assist in building confidence, and studying from a person’s loss assists in developing mental resilience among the students.
- Playing Chess teaches the learners to consider the causes of their actions, and chess protocol fosters good sportsmanship and develops impulse control.
- The game of Chess is one of the most widely played games in the world.
- This chess game has achieved tradition and intellectual importance, which few other activities could match.
The expectations of World Chess Day
- Chess has been played to motivate more human beings to break down the wall of traditional, cultural, racial, and discrimination along with linguistics by sitting together on similar ground and enjoying the mind game.
- World Chess Day has been celebrated for identifying the significance of connecting human beings worldwide and in the community.
- This chess game offers a typical playground where human beings could compete with their mental strength and not their physical power.
- Online Chess might sharpen the students’ minds; develop a plan, strategy, and tactics, and help develop the students’ thinking capability and visual strength.
- Chess helps the aspirants develop their greater concentration power and mental ability.